"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Friday, September 26, 2014

Recent Work

After a few very unproductive and troubling months, I decided to join a group of local artists that meets once a week at the Hearst Center for the Arts.   Not knowing what to expect, I focused on monoprinting backgrounds for future collage work.  Soon, most of the other artists were introducing themselves and new friendships were beginning.  They were all so welcoming that I felt right at home, and started this piece.    Sharing studio space and creative energies can be like magic, and was apparently just what I needed to recharge my spirit.  I was back to working in my studio several times over the next week.  So nice to feel that excitement as the work progressed.
I returned to the group again this week, and finished the piece.  
The lesson I learned is to seek out the company of other artists, and enjoy the sense of community in a shared studio space.  The exchange of ideas, inspiration and general support is a wonderful thing.

Monoprinted background, collage, paint and colored pencil.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.